Sunday, June 12, 2011

Picture of the Day: Arsene Wenger


Now that all of the major football leagues in Europe are over for the summer, I, to be quite honest, won't have that much to write about. Other than transfer rumors, I'll probably be writing some opinion articles and little fillers like this, my new segment, Picture of the Day. In POTD (I'm too lazy to type it out every time), I'll be finding pictures from the past Premier League, FA Cup, or Champions' League season that I find entertaining. In addition to that, I'll explain why it explains the past season greatly, and why it's funny. 

So, with that said, first up is Arsenal's manager, Arsene Wenger, seemingly yelling at the ground. Yeah yeah, most people say he's lost the plot... maybe he has actually. After another tremendous collapse in form late in the season, images of Wenger that were similar to these were seen far too often. Despite being a HUGE Arsenal fan (I can't stress that enough), I think this picture sums up the whole 2010/2011 season. Yes, we did manage to beat Barcelona, Manchester United, and Chelsea, but we never managed to beat Tottenham, West Brom, and even lost to Aston Villa on the final home match of the season. The "Lap of Appreciation" after the match was cringe-worthy to say the least.

Here's hoping that Wenger manages to buy the correct players *cough*CENTER BACKS*cough* that will be needed to finally lift a trophy for Arsenal for the first time in 6 years. Seriously, I'm tired of getting crap from my friends, who just happen to be Manchester United fans.

No comments:

Post a Comment